How to Apply
- Accepts official employment applications.
- Applications must be complete and legible.
- Each position applied for requires a separate application.
- Must meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Must possess the required skills and knowledge for the position.
- The County Valencia accepts applications for positions under current recruitment.
- All applications received are reviewed to determine that the minimum qualifications for the position are met.
- Qualified applications are submitted to the elected official or department head for the selection of interviews.
- If selected for an interview, the elected official or department head will contact the applicant.
- If selected for the position, the elected official or department head will contact the applicant by phone or letter.
- An applicant who is offered a position is required to pass a county paid pre-employment physical and must submit to a drug/alcohol screening.
Applying for Deputy Sheriff
Applications for Deputy Sheriff may be submitted anytime. This process is referred to as an "open continuous status". Applicants who qualify and meet the requirements will be considered. Testing for Deputy Sheriff is conducted through the Training Officer for the Sheriff’s Department.
Applications may be requested by mail, email, or picked up in person from the:
444 Luna Avenue SE
P.O. Box 1119
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Valencia County is an Equal Opportunity Employer!