Valencia County Assessor
Due to the Governor declaring a State of Public Health Emergency, the Office of the Valencia County Assessor is taking proactive measurers and will suspend all in person services and transactions without an appointment.
We encourage all customers to utilize our online resources for filing and submitting documents. There will be no further face-to-face processing and if a customer comes to the office to drop office prepared paperwork, the final documentation will be mailed to the customer after completion or an appointment can made for pickup.
If you are in need of a tax release, please call us prior to arriving and we can prepare the paperwork for you. The tax release will then need to be paid for in the County Treasurer’s Office.
Most of the Assessor’s information is online.
Please Call 505-866-2065
Notice of Value mail out date has been changed to April 15, 2020
The Valencia County Assessor’s Office is committed to serving the public with respect, and transparency. We Strive to meet or exceed the statutory requirement set forth by the State of New Mexico.
The Assessor’s Office is responsible of producing the annual property tax roll to the County Treasurer in a timely and accurate manner, notifying property owners of their assessed property value, verifying, maintaining records and documenting ownership changes recorded in Clerk’s Office.
The Assessor’s Office provides an interactive Geographic Information System (GIS) Map and forms for programs such as, Low Income Value Freeze, Farm and Livestock special method of valuation, and property tax exemptions for Veterans, and Head of Household.
Applications and Forms
- 2020 Guide To Understanding Property Assessment
- Veterans Aplication for Tax Exemption Information Sheet (PDF)
- Veterans Aplication for Tax Exemption (PDF)
- Affidavit of Loss of Veterans Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- Address Change request form (PDF)
- Claim for Exemption of Property Nongovernmental Entities part 1 of 2 (PDF)
- Claim for Exemption of Property Nongovernmental Entities part 2 of 2 (PDF)
- Information Pamphlet for Property Valuation Protests and Selected Statutes and Rules (PDF)
- Residential Real Property Transfer Declaration Affidavit (PDF)
- 7-36-20 Special Method of Valuation-Land Used Primarily for Agricultural Purposes (PDF)
- Farm and Livestock Application (PDF)
- Head of Family Application 2020 (PDF)
- Special Method of Valuation for Land Used Primarily for Agricultural Purposes (PDF)
- 2020 Low Income Value Freeze Instructions (PDF)
- 2020 Low Income Value Freeze Application (PDF)
- New Mexico Business Personal Property Report 2020 (PDF)
- Information Pamphlet for Property Valuation Protests