Valencia County Assessor
Attention: If EagleWeb (property records search) is showing a 2019 value that means that there was no change for 2020. If you have any questions please let us know.
Due to the Governor declaring a State of Public Health Emergency, the Office of the Valencia County Assessor is taking proactive measures and will suspend all in person services and transactions without an appointment.
We encourage all customers to utilize our online resources for filing and submitting documents. There will be no further face-to-face processing and if a customer comes to the office to drop office prepared paperwork, the final documentation will be mailed to the customer after completion or an appointment can made for pickup.
If you are in need of a tax release, please call us prior to arriving and we can prepare the paperwork for you. The tax release will then need to be paid for in the County Treasurer’s Office.
Most of the Assessor’s information can be found online.
For assistance, please call (505)866-2065
Notice of Value mail out date has been changed to April 15, 2020
The Valencia County Assessor’s Office is committed to serving the public with respect, and transparency. We Strive to meet or exceed the statutory requirement set forth by the State of New Mexico.
The Assessor’s Office is responsible of producing the annual property tax roll to the County Treasurer in a timely and accurate manner, notifying property owners of their assessed property value, verifying, maintaining records and documenting ownership changes recorded in Clerk’s Office.
The Assessor’s Office provides an interactive Geographic Information System (GIS) Map and forms for programs such as, Low Income Value Freeze, Farm and Livestock special method of valuation, and property tax exemptions for Veterans, and Head of Household.
Exemption Applications & Information
- Affidavit of Loss of Veterans Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- Claim for Exemption of Property Nongovernmental Entities part 1 of 2 (PDF)
- Claim for Exemption of Property Nongovernmental Entities part 2 of 2 (PDF)
- Head of Family Application (PDF)
- Veterans Aplication for Tax Exemption (PDF)
- Veterans Aplication for Tax Exemption Information Sheet (PDF)
Protest Petition and Information
Additional Forms and Information
- Address Change request form (PDF)
- Farm and Livestock Application (PDF)
- Land Used Primarily for Agricultural Purposes Special Method of Valuation(PDF)
- Low Income Value Freeze Instructions (PDF)
- Low Income Value Freeze Application (PDF)
- New Mexico Business Personal Property Report 2020 (PDF)
- Residential Real Property Transfer Declaration Affidavit (PDF)
- Special Method of Valuation for Land Used Primarily for Agricultural Purposes (PDF)