Detainee visitation is a privilege not a right. Therefore the Detention Center has the right to deny visitors for what ever reason deemed necessary and or appropriate. Detainee will be in charge of their visitation list. Forms are available in the housing units
Visitor Dress Code
No hats, jackets, shorts, tank tops exposing the midriff area, tight or short dresses and or skirts, open sandal foot wear, clothing promoting gang activity or drug paraphernalia or any other clothing articles Detention Officials deem inappropriate for visitation.
COVID-19 Scheduled Visits:
- Detainee must turn in a paper visitation list to receive visits.
- 5 visitors per visitation list
- Detainees may change their list every 3 months of being incarcerated
- Detainee’s may submit a visit list after 15 days of being in custody and passing the COVID-19 protocol.
- Only people on the list may visit.
- NM residents only.
- Family must call to schedule an appointment 24 hours in advance.
- To schedule family can call Monday- Friday 8-3pm (505) 565-8900 Ex. 2
- 30 minutes per visit.
- Only 1 adult (18+)
- NO CHILDREN
- 30 days no incarceration.
- NO SPECIAL VISITS!
- Family will be required to pass a temperature check to enter the facility.
- Temperature of 100.3 or higher will not be allowed to enter facility.
- Dress code will remain the same.
- Detainee and visitor will be required to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth the duration of the visit.
- If mask is not properly worn visit will be cancelled.
**VISITS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
According to NM State Statute 30-22-14 "Bringing contraband into a jail consists of carrying contraband into the confines of a County or Municipal Jail. Whoever commits bringing contraband into a Jail is guilty of a forth degree felony.
Definition of Contraband
Any deadly weapon, or an essential component part thereof, including ammunition, explosive devices and explosive materials, but does not include a weapon carried by a peace Officer in lawful discharge of his or her duties. Currency brought onto the grounds of the institution for the purpose of transfer to a prisoner, but does not include carried into areas designated by the Warden as areas for the deposit and receipt or currency for credit to a prisoner’s account before contact is made with any prisoner.
Any alcohol beverage [or] any controlled substance, as defined in the Controlled Substance Act but does not include a controlled substance carried into a prison/jail through regular prison/jail channels and pursuant to the direction or prescription of a regularly licensed physicians. Furthermore, no cameras, tape recorders or cell phones will be allowed to be carried by any persons entering the facility.
Detainee is required to fill out a property release form with a list of items, who they would like to retrieve the property and a reason why they would like to release the property. Property may not be released without a property release form. The Warden or Deputy Warden will then determine whether or not the reason is valid. Requests for the release of property will not be accepted by Friends or family members. All requests for the release of their property must be made by the detainee personally.
The Detention Center will not accept property for detainee from the public, friends, or family.